The general manager Samuel Bond and his team run an excellent, friendly, efficient service for all guests ensuring that particular attention to individual customer service needs are met throughout. The staff- too many too name all; but particularly Mwini, Anthony, the Chef and Sous Chefs, guest relations managers from South Africa and Bahrain - Yaqoob, bar staff, waiters and waitresses, gardeners and cleaners went out of their way to make this the most enjoyable stay. As it was our honeymoon we also got some free extras, however, all guests were treated as VIPs. Excellent food, entertainment nightly and plenty of watersports and free activities including free Swahili lessons by the Animator, an excellent PADI dive centre happy to hire gear for the odd snorkel or proper diving lessons, free sea kayaking, windsurfing lessons, a brand new Africology Spa, and daily evening themed buffets with fresh cooked food and subtle live bands and shows every evening. The beach and sea were perfect, and safe. The hotel employs good physical security but the locals are most friendly and the Masi warriors are very polite and speak excellent English, and are a mine of local information. The manager also recommended an excellent private restaurant for our ventures during a trip round historic Stonetown. A true Ocean Paradise. We are strongly considering going again, but also would consider going to the new Double Tree Hilton in Stonetown once completed, which will be a much easier journey once the new Zanzibar Airport is completed/ upgraded and direct flights from Europe are available. Our holiday was so relaxing we actually lost track of time. A very big thankyou to all the staff. It is just a pity we are now in England and it is two degrees centigrade !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa