Overall I was very satisfied with my stay at Ocean Paradise. I stayed for 3 nights after climbing Kili, and it was just what I needed after a grueling 6 day hike. I was a single female traveler and felt 100% safe. I booked a garden room which offered plenty of space and it was conveniently located next to the pool and very close to the beach.
The food was a pleasant surprise; the pool bar had standard American options (sandwiches, pizza, etc) which were reasonably priced, and dinner was served buffet style and had tons of salad, entry, meat/seafood options. I'm usually a picky eater and could find something tasty.
One thing to note: don't book your tours directly through the hotel as they are SUPER expensive. There are a few guys who hang out on the beach right outside the hotel that offer good quality tours for less than half the price.
Make sure you bring plenty of bug spray; I would spot little ants around my room every now and then, which didn't bother me a ton but was definitely not expected (but I think comes with the territory). They offered a turn down service every night where they would open the mosquito nets and spray the room with what smelled like 100% deet bug spray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa