We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a fantastic safari vacation just to relax. There is a main building where the reception is located, the bar with WiFi, internet café, breakfast restaurant. In fact everything is open air with a traditional east African roof to provide shelter against tropical rains. WiFi internet was available in the bar area for a reasonable price of 15 US$ for 4 days. It was at times rather slow, but most of the time it worked well.
The rooms are located in a beautiful palm garden, the closer to the sea the more expensive the rooms are. Our room (a standard room) was spacious with a king size bed and a mosquito net around it, which you really need here. Moreover the room was sprayed with insectant repellent every afternoon (I don’t know how healthy this is!). Airco in the bedroom worked well, but it did not reach the bathing area, so there it was very warm. The bathroom area looked tired and the floor has a type of tiles that are very difficult to clean. Are bath math was never changed although really dirty.
Evening buffet style dinner was served in the restaurant at the swimming pool, which is located directly at the sea. Every evening there was African singing and dancing during dinner. Although I appreciate that entertainment was provided, for us it was too much and too loud. Four evenings we were not able to talk with each other during dinner, only when the singers took a short break! The staff in the restaurant was very friendly but not professional at all.
The disadvantage of this hotel is its location, there is really nothing outside the resort and Stone Town is 50 km away (1 hour). Excursions are very expensive but it is worthwhile to visit Stone town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Zanzibar’s picturesque North East coast overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean, it is as the name suggests a little piece of paradise. From your arrival at Zanzibar Airport, the resort is a meandering 45 minute journey through un-spoilt scenery, passing typical African villages where the way of life has changed little for hundreds of years. At Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar, you will be greeted by a blaze of colour as you sweep down the imposing driveway, saluted by a Masai warrior as you pass through the entrance gate and be captivated as you arrive in reception and look out over the resort and the azure blue sea. Mature coconut palms swinging in the breeze, white sandy beach, beautiful landscaped gardens, traditional style round chalets with pitched makuti roof, a stunning waterfall feature and the largest swimming pool in Zanzibar are just some of the sights that await you. A big smile and the greeting of "Jambo" will be the first words you hear, as you begin to feel the warmth that the people of Zanzibar are famed for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Paradise Hotel Kiwengwa
- Ocean Paradise Resort Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Zanzibar
- Ocean Paradise Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa