I love Zanzibar. I have been coming to this same spot every 4 months for the past 2 years. It is pure bliss. Lovely water, warm and blue, little or no waves, tides that go out leaving miles of sand to enjoy...sheer pleasure. The staff at the resort are great. The restaurants are fine, but the Spa is the star here - wonderful. favourite of mine. Will definitely keep coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa