Great place, great food, nice and clean rooms and very friendly personnel. Outside the resort there is not much to do, besides the beach. But we had a great personnal tour guide for three days. He showed us everything we wanted to see on the island and we had a lot of fun. Ask for Ali Siraji Suleiman at the tour office of the hotel. He is a great guide and It's cheaper than via the official touroperators, who normally offer group trips. We really loved the beauty of Zanzibar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa