We stayed in Sultan sands in June 2013. The hotel is clean and well kept. Our room had an issue with the AC but after I went to reception someone was there within 5 minutes to mend it and they did. Food fairly similar each evening but it was very nice and they did different themed night with American /italian / oriental to name a few. The sea they recommend sea shoes to protect your feet from coral and shells but we did not find this to be necessary. The locals were kept away from you on the beach by the Masai warriors who kept guard. A lot of sprot can be played here and my son enjoyed a great game of water polo. The balcony on the hut was small and not in the sun but others did get the sun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa