A very nice resort at the east coast of Zanzibar, right at the beach. We stayed for 8 nights and enjoyed the comfort of small appartment houses with a spacious bedroom, bathroom, balcony and not at least air conditioning (which was very necessary due to the high temparatures and air humidity). The Sultan Sands resort resides next to the Bluebay hotel, those two belong together and one can use both hotels' facilities (apart from the included meals). The dinner buffet was of real high quality with a variety of choices and high quality food. Every day of the week had a special food motto, and there were several dishes every night that were prepared or grilled just at the buffet. The staff was very nice and friendly, sometimes a bit limited when it comes to conversation in English. The hotel holds a high standard, but also a high price level. A small bottle of beer (33cl) e.g. costs 8500 TSH (appr. 5,5 USD) - and there are no free beverages during the day (not even water) or dinner (if you do not book all-inclusive).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa