We arrived to check in at the hotel after a stressful few days and a flight cancellation to get to Zanzibar. The hotel staff recognized this and went out of their way to allow us to get into the room early. We had a fabulous sea view room and it was spotlessly clean, flower petals placed on the bed (a nice touch) and a nice bathroom & great powerful shower & consistent hot water which is rare for Africa !!!
We were surprised that the food was so good. There was a wide selection for breakfast & lunch and a theme menu for dinner which changed every evening.
There were frequent power cuts in the evening but the hotel generators came on with in a minute or 2 with the minimum of inconvenience.
We found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
We did originally have a problem regarding our reservation but David the Operations Manager came and spoke to us & asked if we were enjoying our stay and that if we had any problems to contact him. He, on a number of occasions made sure we were enjoying our holiday and nothing was too much trouble and organized a private dinner for us on the beach without us asking for this.
I travel a great deal for work and stay in hotels all over the world. Believe me The Sultan Sands is great value for money with excellent, friendly staff, clean & very comfortable rooms and good food and would highly recommend it for your stay in Zanzibar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sultan Sands Island Resort is situated on the wide, sparkling beaches of Kiwengwa on the East Coast of Zanzibar Island. Sultan Sands is a resort with a unique character: an inspired blend of Swahili and Arab architecture and decor creates a relaxed ambience, while first-class amenities and facilities ensure complete comfort. The spacious rooms at Sultan Sands are built in the style of traditional African rondavels, each tastefully decorated with hand-carved Zanzibari furniture. All rooms are ocean-facing with some situated just metres from the beach. The resort's wining and dining venues are equally impressive, offering delicious local specialities as well as Far-Eastern and European favourites. Sultan Sands shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property - Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa. Guests of the two resorts also share many facilities and amenities, including the famous Oasis Spa and the One Ocean Dive Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Sultan Sands Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Sands Island Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sultan Sands Island Resort Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa