We stayed at Matemwe for 5 nights following safari. It was so peaceful and relaxing! You need to take good books and board games. The chef was incredible and took my food intolerances as a personal challenge to create amazing food for me; he went so far as to cook new jam without pineapple, bread without dairy, watermelon and pimms jelly... The service was friendly and special!
Definitely do the snorkelling! My only gripe was that there was only soap provided - no other toiletries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matemwe Beach Village is a local Zanzibari Guest house – not a hotel and not a resort. No shoes No news. We do not have television or air conditioning in the rooms but we do have wifi and a lovely swimming pool. We are very proud of our gourmet food, romantic beach dinner settings and boma evenings under the stars. Situated on the Matemwe Beach on the North East coast of Zanzibar which boasts a beautiful long white sandy beach. At low tide one can explore the reef which stretches all the way down the East coast of the island. We are proud to have One Ocean diving center on our property where diving and snorkeling trips can be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Matemwe Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matemwe Beach Village Hotel Matemwe
- Matemwe Beach Village Zanzibar Island