Clean but cramped accomodation that were more than compensated for by the setting of the bar/restaurant, the cocktails, the fresh and delicious food and the attitude, service and demeanour of the local staff.
By the point of our trip we had run out of cash and as the only ATM's on the island are in Stonetown we were fortunate that they allowed us to give payment to the taxi driver who returned us to Stonetown. Given the frequency of how often ATM's in Stonetown are out of order it would be worthwhile to invest in a credit card machine even if it meant increasing the price of the Crab Curry to 15,000 Tsh !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small hotel small hotel situated on the North East Coast of Zanzibar, very close to Mnemba Island which is famous for stunning dive and snorkling. We have 8 rooms all en suite with hot water, air-condition and a balcony with a garden view. We also have a nice swimming pool to relax in when it is low tide. We serve delicous food with all the local spices infused in our dishes and a full bar with exoctic cocktails a must to try. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens where you can just relax and enjoy Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sele's Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sele`s Bungalows Hotel Matemwe
- Sele's Bungalows Matemwe, Zanzibar Island