I still hear the words of the chef in my ear: "sorry, we don't have the fish you ordered anymore but I will bring you another one.." -some hours later, I had food poison and won't go into details, but it was really awful. At the same time, like many times before, the toilet did not flush - again no details..
electricity is also somewhat unreliable, but I guess thats part of the deal
Besides that, you can't swim during low tide (sea is far off the coast), nor during hide tide (too big waves).
Yes, you could use the pool - but although the waterdepth is only about 2m, you can't see to the bottom which tells something about the water quality.
Internet terribly slow as the service. I don't want to say all is bad, its just that you can get so much more for the same price only a few miles to the west, where the beach is at all times swimable, service, food etc are better. Try to organize trips and taxi rides locally - for about half the price..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanzanite Beach Resort is situated on a beautiful beach in Nungwi, on the northwestern side of paradise island of Zanzibar, Tanzania. Accommodation is in 18 tastefully decorated self-contained double bungalows, all with private balconies and magnificent views over the Indian Ocean. Whether you are looking for a special family vacation, a romantic getaway or business with pleasure, Tanzanite Beach Resort makes sure that your stay is comfortable, fun and relaxation.Karibu! Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Jovago.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tanzanite Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanzanite Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Tanzanite Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi