“My best holidays”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
Brno, Czech Republic
“My best holidays”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Me and my boyfriend in Zanzibar!
We changed our plans only a few days before our vacation. We should go to Kenya for diving trip, but the travel agency got to bankrupt. We accepted the first last moment what we found on the web also in Africa - it was Zanzibar, Langi Langi Hotel.
And we were really surprised, everything was perfect - hotel service, rooms, all equipment, sea view, perfect pool, everything what we needed. Close to the hotel there are two diving centers and we chose the Spanish Diving centre for 6 dives. Only 5 min walk!
We bought only breakfast in the hotel restaurant(breakfast buffet) but the prices in the restaurant were favorable, we could stay in the hotel restaurant or went to the other hotels to try anything else.
In the end of March there were sometimes heavy rainy weather but only for one or two hours and then sun was shining again. Warm weather, warm sea, the most beautiful beaches! We can recommend!

Room Tip: We had a room without a view of the sea, but did not mind us, it was a few steps to the sea.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarketaP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This place is amazing, as soon as we got there we were upgraded to the top rooms, the fish dinner we had was caught that day and the menu is endless.
Best restaurant on the island! Best manager on the island!

Room Tip: We got upgraded for 2 nights to a sea view - WOW!! then moved to a pool view also lovely. If you ca...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

After spending quite a bit of time trying to find a place to stay on Zanzibar's beaches we were so pleased we chose Langi Langi. From the minute we arrived and saw the view from our balcony we were relaxed. Room was lovely, large and everything you need. Definitely go for sea view room, just gorgeous! And ask to be higher up if possible as views better. The food at lunch and dinner was excellent, different specials everyday and the fresh fish was immense! The breakfast was average, but the homemade mini cakes they include make up for it! The owner Sele is a great guy and made us very welcome as did all the staff who are all local. The only drawback is that the pool isn't next to the beach but it really wasn't a big deal. Would definitely recommend and hope to have the chance to stay there again. Booking was easy and efficient with the agent in Dubai.

Room Tip: Sea View and higher floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie J
Orange, California
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Such an awesome place, everything about it. The food is so good and the vibe is so relaxed. Not much hot water but that goes for most places on the island, thats the only negative I have about the place.

Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at LangiLangi for 4 nights in August 2011. The booking process took an extreme amount of time and energy since all e-mail conversation had to be done with Ahmed Tannaf Trading located in Dubai. The whole stay had to be payed in advance and it took us 2 months and 20 e-mails before our booking was confirmed and payed.

Upon arrival our room wasn't ready and we were asked to wait but we weren't offered anything to drink as it was Ramadan and most of the restaurants were closed during day time.

The staff didn't speak to me as we checked in, only my husband, and they didn't even look me in the eyes. My husband had to fill out the registration form for me, I wasn't allowed to do it myself. Very strange feeling.

We had a double room overlooking the pool, the room was spacious but quite simple. Mosquito nets, a ceiling fan and air conditioning were available.

The restaurant is OK, but not more than that. To call it authentic is quite an exaggeration. The fish dishes were quite alright. The service was a bit confused, they forgot our orders and there were a lot of staff just running around. I would rather recommend to have dinner at the Z hotel, service and food was excellent (but pricier).

WiFi connection was available in the restaurant area.

2 Thank mjorning
Porsgrunn, Norway
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed the pleasant service and "cool" atmosphere. The restaurant is nice and LangiLangi is probably the best place to stay in Nungwi area. We had pool-view rooms on ground floor. The rooms are clean with AC but relatively basic standard. I believe the sea-view rooms are worth paying the extra for.

Went snorkling one day and that was good fun!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Geirolav01
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Langi Langi was everything we could've hoped for and more. Everything from the booking to our check out was smooth as it could go. The Langi is situated on the furthest side of the beach, but this is great as it's only a beautiful stroll on the beach from the other hotel beaches if you want something more lively (ie the beach in front of the Z hotel), and still you have peace and quiet when you want to go to bed. In fact, most accommodations are located next to each other, so location shouldn't be factored in when in dilemma of where to stay. BUT the rest are! We booked the garden view room. It was situated in a lush garden, 1 min away from the pool! The room was daily cleaned and everybody was extra polite and efficient. The owner was the personalization of "hakuna matata"!! Laid back and always friendly, he was always around and ready to help out with booking taxis etc (which by the way were always on time even at as early as 4am!). The food was simply delicious and quite reasonably priced and mind you we had absolutely no stomach problems whatsoever - something I think is common when visiting Africa. The only reason I didn't grade Excellent is for the bathroom that could use some facelift (plus the tap water was not always there - it came and went, but that could be a general area problem). Plus there were some broken tiles in our balcony that could be replaced easily. I wouldn't have noticed it myself, hadn't the leg of my chair stumbled on it. Being that we booked the cheapest room available, I shouldn't complain. It was such a pleasant shock to walk in our bungalow... honestly, look at the photos and tell me this is not a dream room!! Everybody at Langi Langi, thanks for an incredible stay ;))

1 Thank blackadder1002002