We spent 6 days in this resort after 6 days of safari in Tanzania. The venue is beautiful, gardens are extremely well maintained, pool is beautiful and with salt water, and the beach is not affected by tides which is great and not the case everywhere else in Zanzibar. Food is really excellent and various in the main restaurant. However, the restaurant at the pool for lunch time is not great, but it is great for dinner with excellent pizzas.
Rooms are bit too small for the new standards and furniture is a bit outdated but still very clean and well maintained.
The 2 main concerns for me: old and outdates equipment for watersports, especially windsurfing but it seems this is going to be solved soon with brand new equipment, and the wifi is not stable and not strong enough is the rooms.
Overall we have had a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within exotic tropical gardens and water features inviting guests to enjoy the pristine view over the Indian Ocean, Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est is located on the north-western shores of the magical spice island of Zanzibar. This enchanting, luxurious and environmentally friendly resort is famous for its magnificent beach and large wharf built onto the open waters of the Indian Ocean and stretches out towards the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell` Est Hotel Zanzibar
- La Gemma Dell Est Zanzibar
- Gemma Del Est
- Diamonds La Gemma Dell' Est Zanzibar Island/Nungwi