We stayed at the Mnarani Beach Cottages for just 2 nights after New Year. I have to agree with all other reviewers and say I did love this place - it is beautiful, relaxing and extremely friendly. We stayed in a family cottage although there were just two of us - although not a deluxe room it was spotlessly clean (despite a slight smell of damp) and very comfortable. I loved the fact we had our own balcony facing right onto the water.
The staff here are very friendly and do their utmost to help, which was fab. The place itself is beautifully landscaped (loved the gorgeous pool area), with hammocks and beds right on the water front. The beach itself right in front of the hotel isn't the best but just walk round the corner to a stunning stretch of sand.
Only downside that we only realised after going on to other hotels on Zanzibar - the food, although inventive and varied is not the best (I think the buffet style lets it down), and the atmosphere in the evening is very quiet - lots of couples and familys, and not much of a buzz. If that suits you though this is a perfect place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi