We stayed on Zanzibar in June 2014 at the Mnarani resort. We booked the honeymoon cottage.
The communications regarding the booking were very good and timely. I overbooked my transfers from the airport on line and was notify immediately by the front desk staff of the error. They were very quick at offering a credit to the reservation.
The staff at the resort were very attentive to all of our needs and courteous. The food at the restaurant was good , I do recommend the seafood dishes which were served daily. It all felt very fresh. The bar was always available and ocean front, with a great view from any of the beach front units. The pool was clean and not crowed . The staff did served the dinners in various locations, some evenings at the restaurant with ocean view ,or poolside by candle light. Our last night at the resort we were surprised by a private table setup at the edge of the board walk above the beach with the ocean splashing at your feet, surrounded by candles. A nice way to enjoy open air dining.
With the suite we had a private access to the beach, next to the massage hut which I thought was a nice touch. The beach at the resort is well kept and well watched by the local security.
We bungalow was large with plenty of space. It did have an upstairs bedroom which offered an open air concept to the outside. The mosquitoes had full access due to the open concept but the nets around the bed made sleeping while listening to the ocean comfortable. The bathroom did require some upgrading . No AC but a nice fan above the bed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi