“Loved our stay!!”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
Brussels, Belgium
“Loved our stay!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely time!! Great views!! Wonderful swing & hammocks to listen and watch the waves crash! Great quiet location with east beach walking to the village. Fantastic staff that made our stay so much better. loved and looked forward to every meal cooked by the great chef on location!! Yum! Would stay again in a heartbeat! Thanks!!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went to this hotel at the end of a holiday that took in Kilimanjaro and Stone Town. As we had climbed Kili, a good bit of R&R was in order. Mid June 14 saw us on the edge of the wet season with the hotel practically to ourselves.

All I can say is lucky us. Some real high points. A really nice set of lodgings. Clean, comfortable and effective. Outside living space that was clever and focussed on making you relaxed. I could however see that these would be at a premium if the hotel got fuller. Something to watch out for.

As to the rest of the hotel - nice bar area and the food suited me to the ground. However one thing to flag is that some of our party found the assumption you wanted some types of food and the lack of variety (for them not me), a little on the disappointing side.

However I loved it and I loved speaking to the owner who personally came and chafed to you about your experience. Likewise we got to know the staff and it all clicked. However again watch out as the staff sought permission from every small shift from standard policy.

A dhow could be booked rom the hotel to Mnemba island and this was one of the best snorkelling experiences Ive seen - even got to see wild dolphins. Brilliant (as was the crew and navigating the reef on the way back).

The onle downside for me, was that food and drink prices were a little pricey, especially when you have experienced the usual Tanzanian costs. So be prepared (though no more than UK prices).

A well done all round and a many thanks out to the people of the hotel - they made it.

Room Tip: I loved the beachside chalets and apartments
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nassor_Maharouky, Owner at Mnarani Beach Cottages, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear GForce5,

Thank you for your detailed and positive review of Mnarani! I have passed on your compliments to my team, and we are all pleased that we did well by you. The guys at our watersports center are happy to hear that you enjoyed your snorkeling trip so much, too.

With regards to the range of dishes available at our restaurant during your stay, we only use the freshest ingredients, which, especially during the low season, unfortunately sometimes results in a smaller choice than usual. However, I trust that, on balance, you will agree with our chef's priorities to offer only what he can prepare freshly and to our high quality standards.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you again at Mnarani!

Nassor and his team
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came from a 5 day stay at the Rift Valley Children's Village where our daughter had volunteered before she passed away. Mnarani was the perfect respite after an emotional trip for our family. The staff was warm and gracious. The food was fantastic and the setting couldn't be beat. Our lodging was perfect and the low-key ambience totally fit the bill. We would definitely go back again. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Triple rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nassor_Maharouky, Owner at Mnarani Beach Cottages, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Kathy,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for telling others on TripAdvisor about it!

We feel honoured to have been part of this very special journey of yours, and pleased that you’ve found in Mnarani what you were looking for. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again!

Best wishes from all of us!
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed a couple of nights in the garden view rooms, they are very small but when their is so much to do outside you don't need a big room, the staff were awesome super friendly and extremely helpful, they would go out of their way to help you organise or make reservations anywhere you like it has everything you could ask for including great views, great pool the best food we've encountered in Africa and to top it off the best priced alcohol. If their was one negative it was their was ants in the bathroom but it was so miner I'm really being picky, their are even some semi friendly rabbits there and a few skinks and geckos.
As for value this place gets a 10* from me I just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank pmcnjg
Nassor_Maharouky, Owner at Mnarani Beach Cottages, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear pmcnjg,

Thank you for writing to TripAdvisor about your stay with us! It was a pleasure to have you here, and we are delighted that you enjoyed and appreciated our hotel and service so much.
We hope to welcome you again soon!

Best wishes!
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was there last month with my wife on holiday! We really enjoyed ourselves, the hospitality, friendliness and reception from staff was quite good, we loved our family room right in front of the beach with a balcony!
This is definitely not our last visit at Mnarani Beach cottages.
I recommend the place, especially during the low season when the place is not full. It was peaceful and quite.

Room Tip: Get the ones right in front of the beach!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nassor_Maharouky, Owner at Mnarani Beach Cottages, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear becher k

Thank you for sharing your Mnarani experience on TripAdvisor. It makes us proud and happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again!
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed just for a couple of days at Mnarani Beach Cottages, on sick leave from my ex-pat job in Dar es Salaam (originally from the UK).

The hotel was great. Being low season it was very quiet which is exactly what I was hoping for. There is the possibility of rain - but that didn't stop me reading my novel, of course, and I live sufficiently close to know what the weather was likely to be.

Room was great. Staff were very helpful. Food was fine - and being able to have soup and a roll for lunch at US$5 (I think) was great, my experience is that you often necessarily have to pay for access to a large buffet even if wanting very little to eat.

I very much look forward to going back with friends and family when I'm in a position to take advantage of watersport facilities, days out, cycle hire, etc. For the time being, the stay was exactly what I was needing - and the two nearby aquaria with turtles are well worth a visit. Thank you, colleagues at Mnarani Beach Cottages!

Room Tip: I'm pleased I paid a bit extra to have a room and a balcony with a sea view - but then I did spe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are pleased you found at Mnarani the rest and relaxation you were looking for, and would love to welcome you back with your family and friends.
Scotland
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Three of us stayed here for 3 nights in April and had a lovely time. I particularly appreciated the quick email responses from the hotel to answer my queries and to arrange transport from the ferry port. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The taxi driver from the hotel was there to meet us on time at the ferry port and was very informative. We loved the little cottages looking out to sea and enjoyed the swinging beds outside our rooms and swimming in the lovely pool. Everything in our cottages was functioning OK - the safe, the air-con, the shower, electrics etc, There was also free wifi. It was easy to get down to the beach when the tide went out and we had a lovely walk into Nungwi with a guide from the hotel. We were able to chat with the villagers and buy presents to take home and we had a lovely return walk along the beach, around the headland at sunset.
The hotel and lovely grounds are peaceful. A great place to rest and recuperate. The food preparation and presentation was very good. There are water sports on hand for the more active and a massage parlour. I would definitely recommend this hotel, because they really take care of their guests.

Room Tip: We thought the cottages with a sea view offered the best location, but may be a little small for som...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BuffyScotland,

Thank you for your detailed and favourable review!
We always do our best for our guests, and it’s very encouraging to find it’s appreciated.

All the best, and we hope to welcome you back some day!

Nassor and the team of Mnarani Beach Cottages
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
#9 of 17 in Nungwi
The Zanzibari
The Zanzibari
#12 of 17 in Nungwi

Been to Mnarani Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!