staying in zanzibar? want to stay away from the "big city" of stonetown? want to relax? this is the place for you.
too shy to be in your bathing suit on the beach (esp for girls), they have a private pool for you. they are also right in front of the beach (which there is none during high tide), if you want to go kayaking/canoeing and the sort. the food is good and they have a bar to quench your thirst. they have many lounge chairs/bungalows for you to lounge about during the day.
the rooms were cleaned and AC'ed. there is also a mosquito net that you might want to utilize in case any bugs come in. there were short power outages but it recovered within a few minutes. you're in africa - it didn't disturb us. staff was friendly and helpful. there is even a computer room with internet for you to use for free and a library! would definitely recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mnarani Beach Cottages is a beach resort hotel, located on the northernmost tip of Zanzibar Island in the village of Nungwi, next to the old lighthouse.Mnarani has been independently recommended by The Lonely Planet Guide, The Bradt Guide to Zanzibar and many other East African travel guidebooks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Jovago.com so you can book your Mnarani Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Hotel Nungwi
- Mnarani Beach Hotel
- Mnarani Beach Resort
- Mnarani Beach Cottages Zanzibar Island/Nungwi