“The place is good but not the staff”
Review of Cholos Bar

Cholos Bar
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Nungwi
Cuisines: African, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The only real beach bar in Zanzibar karibu :)
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

A place which could be very good if they changed the staff.
I had big proem with my order. I ask for king prawns coconut curry and they bring me king prawns pasta. They try to make me believe that it was king prawns coconut curry confirming me with the menu but with pasta whereas my friend took the same plate with rice. (Not same looking, not the same taste, everything's different...) they may think that their clients are stupids...
After a long time, they apologize for the so-said "mistake". And they offer me the pasta which were not cooked enough (fortunately because I didn't eat my food!).

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I enjoyed an amazing wild beach party at Cholos last Thursday the 22nd of Aug. The music & the crowds were superb. Although the bartenders were very attentive i was somehow disappointed that the cocktails weren't as great especially in consideration to the pricing of drinks.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pro: fresh fish and good curry near our hotel in Nungwi. The owner came by to say hello. Con: DJ blasting techno music

1  Thank Ali_law71
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great music - not too dance/reggae/R&B, just a nice mix of excellent music. Watch people swing off the signs, drinks are nice and cold, it's right on the beach - awesome place to hang out, I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Nungwi :)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Tasty, fresh food to eat on the sand as the waves nearly lap up against your toes...what better way to eat?! Can only vouch for the bbq seafood, but it was fantastic.

1  Thank viola85745