“Quality training in Parardise”

Divine Diving, Yoga & Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Nungwi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience divine diving in Zanzibar’s crystal blue waters and pristine white beaches. Explore over 25 different dive sites with a variety of abundant, vibrant, colorful corals and marine life. Divine Diving is one of the very few uniquely combined yoga and dive centers in the world. We offer free optional breathing technique classes to improve your air consomptions to enjoy a more relaxed dive. We are a professional PADI Dive Center with an experienced team who has extensive knowledge of the area and biodiversity.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did my PADI Open Water at this dive centre and it was excellent. The training was thorough and the dives were highly enjoyable / incredibly varied.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I did two dives to Mnemba Atoll with Divine Diving. We brought our own regulators and masks, and rented everything else. Everything seemed like it was in good shape. We were able to try on the wetsuits before diving to ensure the right size. My 6'3" husband had to wear a meduim BCD, though, since that was all they had on the boat.

All of the equipment was set up for us and the staff swapped it onto new tanks in between both dives, so we didn't have to do anything. They also helped us put on our scuba equipment on the boat before getting in the water. Lunch, snacks, and water was also provided.

The guides were good and gave briefings before each dive to prepare us. It is a small boat, and when it stops before the dive it is quite rocky. My husband (and one other diver on board) suffered from seasickness, and the dive master in training was more than attentive.

1  Thank LSM2107
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on a scuba and snorkel trip. Scuba was good and they were very nice. In the morning I was snorkeling myself while my boyfriend did scuba - and the snorkel guide was a little sketchy. In the afternoon when my boyfriend and I went snorkeling together, the guide said he didn't feel like getting in the water. They dropped us in the middle of the ocean w/o clear instructions and then parked the boat about 100 yards away. It was ok, just felt like we didn't get the most out of the trip bc we had no clue where we were supposed to be swimming or how much time we had or anything -- so we ended up swimming back to the boat early. When we got back to shore I asked the owner if the guide was supposed to get in the water, he said yes and apologized saying it was unacceptable behavior, but offered no refund or anything else. Just bad business.

2  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We really enjoyed taking our open water dive course at Divine Diving. Divine Diving is a very serious and proffesional dive center. As newbies we felt very good taken care of and safe with our diving instructor, and owner of Divine Diving, Opaz. Added to that the staff was great, and the diving sites beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more! We highly recommend Divine Diving!

1  Thank Ingrid P
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had a great dive day with the team from Divine. The equipment was well maintained and looked quite new. They provided me with a 5mm suit which worked well for me as I get cold in the water. Everything was carried to the boat and off the boat by the crew. I had an experienced local dive instructor (who was familiar with the sites we visited) and dive master trainee to myself, which was great.

I enjoyed my dives and would have continued diving there if I had more time at Nungwi. The dive sites I visited weren't 5 star sites but I was able to take my time and explore the sites slowly and at my own pace. There was no rush and the instructor and DMT were very relaxed in the water. That really added to my enjoyment of the dives. There is no point racing through the site especially if the point of the dive is to spot macro critters. Also, I got to see my first octopus, which was great! During the interval between dives, fresh fruit and water were served.

At the end of the day, I think the best dives are those where we feel safe and relaxed during the dives. I got that here. Great job!