“An excellent diving center”
Review of Diving Poseidon

Diving Poseidon
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Nungwi
More attraction details
Owner description: We run a small diving centre, with the Austrian owners personally looking after your best! We have brand new equipment, our own locally built dhow (boat), friendly crew, experienced guides and always fresh fruits for you on board. We dive in small groups, trying to accomodate all individual preferences and make daily visits to breathtaking dive spots including Mnemba Marine Park. We offer PADI courses from beginners up to Dive Master. We can also assist you in finding the best accomodation for your needs! Karibuni Zanzibar!
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent one day diving to Mnemba island with Bernhard the owner of the diving center an it was a great moment.
With his wife they are very welcoming.
The equipment is almost new.
We saw many things under water (and also dolphins!)
We had a lunch (snacks) on the boat included in the price and it was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Diving Poseidon

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am sorry I can't really write in German. I am from Singapore and I recently completed a PADI lesson with Bernhard. I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone to Diving Poseidon for the great and personal service from the staff as well as reliable equipment in the store. I had a fun and memorable first attempt at diving, which was made possible by Bernhard's professional guidance and friendly and patient personality. Keep up the good work! -BR

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I decided that I wanted to learn to scuba dive during an upcoming vacation in Zanzibar so I emailed several different dive shops in Nungwi and Diving Poseidon was always the most responsive and informative. When my boyfriend and I arrived in Nungwi we were given a warm welcome from Bernhard and Ilse. As it was my first time scuba diving, they let my boyfriend (who was already certified and needed a refresher) come with us on the practice exercises. Bernhard was very patient with me. Once we got on the boat, we had a great time with the crew who were very helpful and attentive. They served fresh fruit after each dive and after a one long dive they served us chapati sandwiches that were especially delicious. We had a great time and are very appreciative to Diving Poseidon for their service.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Fantastic experience diving in Nungwi with Berhard, Ilse and an unbelievable staff! They were super helpful from the very beginning and extremely passionate about their work. They made sure that I experienced the best diving with their decades of knowledge and professionalism in this industry. You can't miss this opportunity and would highly recommend Diving Poseidon in beautiful Zanzibar.
It's definitely a story to tell!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Poseidon Diving is located just off the beach near Baraka Bungalows. its a small friendly company ran by Austrian husband and wife team Bernhard & Ilse.

The equipment is new and in good condition, the regs I was using had quality (and expensive!) lightweight miflex hoses, and the Seac BCD was fresh and in great condition. Its a small detail, but I liked that they used open fins and booties rather than the cheaper slip-on shoe variety that a lot of dive shops tend to use.

Their boat is a traditional dhow, and they employ local boat crew so you know you are in good hands on the water. Drinking water is provided, and there's fresh fruit and and packs of biscuits available to snack on - the biscuits I thought were a nice touch. Their divemaster Mbwana, like all good DM's, has eyes like microscopes and will point out all sorts of things you'd otherwise miss!

The diving is very relaxed, the eight dives I did were pretty shallow averaging around 15 meters, the sea floor off northern Zanzibar seems very flat and shallow and there didn't seem much opportunity for deeper dives so most divers will easily get 50/60 minute dives. Water temperature (at the end of June) was 26°C.

Absolutely not to be missed is the Mbemba atoll on the East coast. its over an hour away but was definitely a highlight, there was a pod of dolphins by the boat just before we dropped into water teeming with schools of reef fish, hawksbill turtles, large trumpet fish, octopus, cuttlefish, brightly coloured nudibranches and all the underwater eye-candy you'd expect from a healthy reef. Viz was around 25 meters. If you only do one days diving on Zanzibar you should make it here. On the journey back we had delicious cheese and vegetable pancakes.

Bernhard, Ilse and all the team put a lot of effort into making sure you enjoy diving with them and have great local knowledge out of the water too. I didn't dive with any other company on Zanzibar so my view is maybe slightly limited, but the staff, boat, and equipment standards at Diving Poseidon were high, if I return to Zanzibar I'd seek out and dive with them again. Definitely a potential 5* PADI resort in the making!

3  Thank DarrenJames