We hosted 10 people on an incentive trip for 4 nights. Unfortunately a storm a few weeks prior to our arrival had damaged reception area and one of the restaurants.
Check in was painfully slow and very disorganised. We were told we had to walk each and every person (ie 8 people) to their rooms to look at their rooms before we got to our room. Bearing in mind the journey to hotel in sweltering heat... this did not go down well. We were all given different room types... despite our booking being Ocean suites. Some placed in villas.. some in ocean view and some in garden view rooms. After much debate and delay.. an hour and a half later..our group settled in.
Ocean suite rooms are spectacular and lavishly furnished. Extra ordinary setting of jetty restaurant and rooms.
Restaurant, pool, garden and bar staff alll very friendly..but all in no hurry what so ever.. ie 15 min wait for drinks...and incorrect bills on more than one occasion.
The spa front office service was abysmal...yet world class treatments were received.
Work needed on check in and general service and this hotel could easily be no 1 in Zanzibar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi