We stayed at this amazing 5star hotel ,after it was recommended by imagine africa ,last September 2012 for 8 nights. We arrived there after 4 days safari in the masai mara.It was truly magical in it s setting,the hospitality of the staff and manager. The manager nikola personally welcomes you .One of the finest hotels we have stayed in. The overall facilities, the setting of the seafront private villa ,the architecture ,the beach , design of the hotel was spectacular.the outstanding 5star cuisine at the restaurant and the jetty was delicious .The staff ,the navigators and the manager s hospitality and attentiveness was exceptional. Finest hotel in africa.We toured stone town ,(capital)which gave us a great insight into it s traumatic history. Just be aware of the taxis you use. Always check and agree the amount prior to your journey.The hotel staff will eagerly guide you. We salute and thank you for the amazing experience you gave us. Penny xTerrence E.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi