We decided we were worth indulging ourselves with 2 nights and 3 days in Zanzibar.
Essque Zalu is paradise...
The design and architecture of the hotel are stunning and had been so well thought! For instance, from any of the pools, you sight was prolonged all the way to the ocean, so it felt like actually being in the sea...
We took a ocean view bungalow package that included breakfast and lunch or dinner.
The bungalow had nice proportions a well-sized bathroom, view on the ocean, or rather the jetty for us.
The food was delicious and exotic (and we are from Tahiti, so we know about exoctic).
The personnel was gracious, smiling, indulging..
We organized a jet ski tour...Nice!
We also tried the spa. Nice...the downside is that when you book for a certain duration ( 1 hr or 90 min), they include in the time your arrival, filling of the discharge form, feet cleaning and changing, so you actually get a lot less than your planned massage time..:-(
Memorable stay indeed...We have found our retreat in Zanzibar and will definitely go back to Zalu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi