After reading the exceptional reviews on here there was a lot of expectation riding on this hotel for myself and my girlfriend when we booked for a week in October... Essque Zalu met these expectations in every single way - it is simply perfection. From the moment we arrived we just felt so special which is exactly what you look for when you stay at a 5 star hotel and these guys have mastered it - the front desk staff were incredible (in particular Edgar) The pool and beach was to die for, the hotel was great at organizing trips and activities (Hugely recommend East Africa Diving for your Scuba fix and recommend using them if you want to go Dolphin Sighting too as the Fisherman Tours Dolphin Trip was not so successful;). Horse riding on the beach and in the sea was quite a highlight thanks to the hotel for organising that. My girlfriend tells me that the spa was superb. The food was excellent and we left the restaurant every night completely satisfied if not a little tipsy from the incredible wine that was on offer. Cocktails, snacks, lunches all absolutely brilliant and always available at any time. The room was perfect and very tastefully furnished. If you are taking your girlfriend on a romantic getaway then look no further than this hotel in Zanzibar, it was simply a perfect holiday. Particularly touched by the heartwarming farewell from all the staff at the end of the stay - again making us feel like celebrities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi