Its an hour's drive to the north of the island to get here, but once you're there you don't want to leave, well, we didn't. Our 2 night 3 day stay turned into 5 days and 4 nights. The pool looks like it drops into the sea. The Jetty is an incredible place for sundowners, cocktails and lunch. The restaurants contend with the best food we've had anywhere and the spa gave me the best scrub, wrap and massage Ive had anywhere after their steam room and sauna. The GM checked up daily on all of us staying there to check we were happy and the rest of the staff were not only helpful and greatly attentive but made you feel totally at home. After 8 days safari this was the only place in the world we wanted to be. The only drawbacks are that watersports are outrageously expensive here, and of course that its an hour from stonetown, but thats a tour that can easily be arranged to slot in on the way to or from the airport. We cant decide if the next trip will be for a wedding, a honeymoon or to rent a villa and bring our friends! Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi