I stayed at the Essque Zalu Resort for 7 nights and was impressed by everything they had to offer. The personal charm of the way you are welcomed to the resort is unparalleled. Alfred met me at my taxi and walked me to my room and explained the restaurant options and amenities of the resort. By the time I was finished with check in preliminaries my bags had arrived and I was able to unwind in the room for the evening. The staff are friendly and remember your room number after visiting the first time. It is a small resort which gives a more friendly yet peaceful atmosphere. I was very happy with the location on the Ocean. The water is beautiful and eating at the Jetty Restaurant located in the middle of the Ocean was unreal. The market restaurant is also a great place to sample Swahili dishes as well as international cuisine. The welcome cocktail hour provided by the General Manager, Luc, was very nice. Luc, along with the chef and staff are accommodating of any request. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Zanzibar. It is located about 1.5 hrs away from the main city of Stonetown but well worth the travel. This was my first visit to Zanzibar, but will not be my last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi