I arrived home today after spending 10 wonderful days at essque zalu in zanzibar and can honestly say it was a holiday of a life time.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we loved every minute. The staff including cleaners, gardeners, pool guys, navigators and waiters were on hand every minute of the day to make you feel welcome and tend to your needs. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble. It was good to see the general manager around every day too and was appreciated that he enquirer about the holiday and was there to greet us on arrival and say goodbye on departure.
Our suite was in the garden (number 33) and was our own private paradise set amongst the beautiful shrubs and flowers. The bed was massive and very comfortable and the private terrace out the front was lovely to sit on in the evening. Our room was cleaned to a high standard every day and we enjoyed coming home from dinner each evening to a turned down bed :-)
The food was to die for. Plenty of choice at breakfast and lunch on the jetty admiring the wonderful views is a must as is watching the sunset from here too. The evening meals were varied every day and was simply wonderful. We loved the presentation of the desserts especially and took many photos of them!
As part of our honeymoon package we had a couples massage. This was the most relaxing thing I have ever eexperienced and my husband who does not normally enjoy massages came out looking forward to his next one.
Everything about our stay was a true wow moment from the food to the views to the service that we received and we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at the resort for making our honeymoon a truly magical and memorable moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Jovago.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi