We stayed at Essque Hotel during low season (April 2013) and enjoyed the fact that we were sharing hotel facilities, swimming pool, jetty etc. with very few other guests. This added an extra value to the holiday. Common spaces and rooms are elegantly decorated, staff very professional but the top rank of this hotel is the Cuisine. Breakfast is delicious, a la carte menu with a number of options - on top of that home made confitures, pastries, yogurt, smoothies etc. Lunch can be served at the Jetty restaurant, mostly middle-easter mezzeh and grilled fish/meat. Location is unique in the middle of the ocean. Dinner is the best part - quality of the food is top quality and presentation superb. Restaurant staff extremely professional but with a personal touch. We stayed at Essque with a 2 year old son who was pampered by all staff. Restaurant accomodated any last minute request for a child menu. Definitely recommended - we would say in low season even more, when less guests are around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi