Just returned from a wonderful stay here; the setting is stunning, the staff were wonderful, the food was excellent, the spa was fantastic and the beach front bungalow was gorgeous. All the ingredients you need for an amazing holiday. It was the perfect escape from the dreadful weather at home.
I would highly recommend a stay here. Given the standards of service received and the idlic location I thought it was excellent value for money. I have paid a lot more and got a great deal less in other resorts I have stayed in.
The staff truly are a credit to the General Manager. I really could not rate them highly enough. Special mention to Valentino and Alfred who were great. Alfred could not have been more helpful.
The shop could do with having a bit more in it and I think they could also do with having info on excursions in the rooms. We kept missing the chap that organised this which was a bit of a shame.
If you do visit here make sure you go to the local turtle sanctuary. Does not look much from outside but it was really interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi