We chose Zalu Essque to relax with our two kids (8 and 11 years old) after one week Safari in the Serengeti. The minute we entered the impressive hotel hall, we were personally welcomed by the manager and his friendly staff and we felt like in paradise...
The hotel's architecture is stunning and extremely beautiful. Even though the hotel was fully booked, it never got too crowded. Our beach suite was nicely designed, very spacious and had a great view. The food - both at the Jetty restaurant as well at the market restaurant - was outstanding. The service was excellent, the staff extremely friendly and - according to our kids - the kids club one of the best they have ever experienced. We hardly ever left the hotel during our one week stay but spent the whole day at the lovely, big salt water pool with Jacuzzi and spoiled ourselves from time to time at the spa with its first class treaments. We also enjoyed long walks at the beach to explore the environment.
The manager Nicolas Konig is a great guy, very dedicated and he has a daily chat with all the guests. At New Year's Eve, he organised with his staff an unforgettable party on the Jetty and a wonderful dinner around the pool, which we will never forget.
All in all, this is the ultimate vacation spot for families, couples or singles to recharge your batteries in a luxury but still relaxed environment.
Tina, Jörg, Lilly and Benji from Zurich, Switzerland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi