What a beautiful hotel, with exciting architecture in a magnificient landscaped garden. Walking into the hotel was like walking into heaven. Fantastic view of the beach and ocean. A beautiful terraced pool giving a visual feeling that it was a part of the ocean. Fantastic service; friendly, charming and always present. In a personal way. We were treated and felt like kings and queens. At the same time we got good contact with the people and could learn about their background and culture. Interesting and rewarding. And the general manager was giving a personal touch to our visit by following us up regularily during our 7 days stay. Well done. The hotel facilities, with the restaurant, bars and in particular the jetty was excellent. The jetty was built almost 100 meter out in the ocean and gave a breathtaking view of the coast and the hotel. What a sourrounding for lunch and the sundowner. Our spacious villa was very luxuries. Beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, own living room and a large, private terrace were we had dinner one night. Magnificient. We will never forget our first impression with the beauty, the incredible luxury villa, our private whirlpool where we enjoyed chilled champagne. What a start. Last, but not least, the food was of very high quality, exciting, different, fresh and delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Jovago.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi