From the moment we arrived until the end of the stay everything was pure luxury.
Rooms spacious and clean with a terrace to sit outside. Pool area is great with lots of shade to sit under but BEWARE there is a wind so drink plenty of water as I got dehydrated. Jetty lots more sitting areas and tasty food - meze was a meal in itself.
Restaurant served first class meals - breakfast plentiful and evening meals under the stars was magical.
All staff are attentive without be obtrusive - Mr. Nicolas glides through the hotel stopping to chat and is so proud of his staff. Miss Ruth is an ambassador for the hotel always smiling and helpful. Two chefs are delightful and discuss the meals, lastly Merci who served our meals who is just beautiful inside and out - in fact all of the staff need complimenting.
My husband went diving with East African Dive Centre - brilliant service and equipment as was Voyage Prive that we booked through.
Not many places we would go back to but Essque Zalu we would.
PS - think about Pack for a Purpose if you have any room in your cases and take any clothes, first aid, crayons etc. for the hotel to give to villagers, hospitals etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi