We chose this hotel after our 9 day safari and absolutely loved almost everything. The check-in was brilliant and smooth. We were immediately WOWed by the deco of the hotel inside out. We had an ocean view villa. The room is clean and beautiful. The pool and the deck on the water are stunning. Our housemaid is so sweet. She actually remembered and came in to say goodbye to me in person the day we were checking out. The staff are friendly and helpful although more training is needed. (We had lunch at the table in front of our villa and we had to call several times for people to come collect the juice glass and plates and clean everything up which was almost dinner time and the table was covered with black flies. Very disgusting and should not happen at a resort like this). Also a couple of times, we ordered coke at the pool and it took them half an hour to bring it out (How hard could it be? A bit disappointing). Spa is great. We had 2hrs long oil massage almost everyday and enjoyed every second of it. We loved the breakfast especially the deli section very much. Food is amazing, both lunch and dinner. Cheers to the chef !!! I want to mention the GM Nicholas who is always on the ground and truly charming and helpful. A big plus on top of everything. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi