“Wouldn't recommend for snorkellers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spanish Dancer Divers

Spanish Dancer Divers
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Nungwi
More attraction details
Owner description: Top quality PADI dive center in Nungwi, Zanzibar. We offer the best dives in Zanzibar including Mnemba Atoll, Leven Bank, Tumbatu, Magic Reef and much more. We teach a full range of PADI courses in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew. Spanish Dancer Divers pay a lot of attention to customer experience. We would like to be you best Zanzibar memory. Come join us!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wouldn't recommend for snorkellers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

There were plenty of people on the beach selling snorkelling trips to Mnemba. However we decided to go with a dive centre, even though they were much more expensive, as we were told we'd have a snorkel guide and we also thought they'd probably have better equipment. As an experienced diver I know how much difference it makes to have a good guide who can tell you what to look out for, guide you to the best spots on the reef, and point out lots of interesting things that you never would have found yourself. Despite being told we'd have a guide, when it came to getting in the water it transpired that there was no guide for us, only for the SCUBA divers. Also, my snorkel was faulty and they didn't have a spare so I had to borrow one from a different boat. The staff were very friendly and did their best to help in the situation, but I can't recommend paying $50 per person to go snorkelling with them as I don't think it's good value for money. I appreciate that they're more focussed on the divers and all of the divers seemed very happy with the experience, but unless you're going to provide good value for the snorkellers I don't think this service should be offered. The snorkelling was OK but nothing special, so I wonder if you might see more going to a site within Mnemba more specifically aimed at snorkellers rather than divers too.

Visited September 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Each time we went snorkelling with another organisation we were directed to sit in the reception area; it was after three visits that the friendly French receptioniste informed us politely that we were not their clients! Previously she had made us coffee, so we were incognisant of this fact. It was our last day- otherwise we would have organised to use their services. :-)

Visited June 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Friendly and Professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spent 4 days diving in this friendly and very professional club. We did 6 day dives and 1 night dive and they all went very well and fun.
The equipment is in great shape, looks new and they have all range of sizes for all equipment (we were using xs and xxl).
We were diving with 2 different guides and 1 dive master (in different dives) and they were all very professional and kind. They kept the dives safe and fun.
The atmosphere in the club is very nice, we recommend it very much and especially Agadai who is a dive master but can be trusted as if he was an instructor.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Yaelle H
Varazdin, Croatia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“the refresher I took was no good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

..the part under the water was just 10 minutes during wich I couldnt sink and the instructor kept telling me its all in my head and refused to prolong it. Since it was a year since I dived Iwe spent a very bad night before my fist "real" dive. That, however was run by another instructor and felt safe and well run.

Visited August 2012
Zanzibar, Zanzibar Urban, Tanzania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch Staff, Excellent Service - highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I first went diving with Spanish Dancer Divers in May 2012 and had such a great experience, I ended up coming back to Nungwi twice for more diving. I completed my Open Water course with Chris from South Africa and enjoyed it so much that a month later I returned to Spanish Dancer to complete my Advanced Diver course with them as well.

The instructors and divemasters at Spanish Dancer are some of best - very professional and knowledgeable but also lovely people to be around. I dived with just about all of the instructors, and divemasters – Marianne, MJ, Chris and Shee – and they are all top notch! They are all very experienced, extremely helpful and clearly passionate about diving. If you’re into macro stuff, Chris is excellent at pointing out hard-to-find little sea creatures.

I ended up doing over 20 dives with Spanish Dancer Divers during my stay in Zanzibar and all of my dive trips have been very organized and ran smoothly. The boat crew always helped me backroll with my heavy equipment, without me even needing to ask. They have brand new equipment and by far the best boat in Nungwi.

The managers, David and Shee, are also very welcoming, friendly and fun to be around. I ended up spending some of my afternoons during my trip just hanging out with them at the dive center. They will go out of their way to make sure that you have the best diving experience :) Overall, excellent staff, friendly service and fantastic dives. I highly recommend them!

Visited August 2012