I booked this hotel based on the trip advisors' review and must say that I did a good selection. The best part of this hotel is the beach and the swimming pool. The color of sea water will really enchant you for sure. The pool is very nice and open almost 12 hours a day so you can enjoy & relax at poolside.
The rooms are spacious and decorated nicely. I do not want end up my review for this hotel without mentioning two names: Mayur- the recently joined cheff and Godfrey-the staff at reception. These two guys will be the jem of Doubletree for sure in future!
There are some concerns:
1. The floors at rooms are not good. The foot becomes red if you walk in barefoot. Hotel management should take care of this.
2. Breakfast: We availed for three days. but all three days were with same menu with NO CHANGE!
3. The food for vegeterians: a real challenge! Though with the joining of new cheff-Mayur who also hails from India, there will be a chance of adding more flavour to the kitchen!
4. The children bed: it is folded but really dosn't work for an adult of 13-14. Management of hotel should provide a seperate solid bed instead of folding one.
Overall lovely experience: stunning views of ocean, lovely swimming pool, spacious room- altogether. We will recommend others for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island