“Good resort and great place to relax”

DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 12 night all-inclusive stay at this resort and I would highly recommend this hotel. The location is great - right on the beach and there is also a nice pool side area. The sunsets are wonderful and you can have a good cocktail (Jozani monkey was lovely) while watching the sun set. The staff are very friendly - particular mention to Caroline who manages the Dining area and to the Animation guy, who always went out of his way to say hello - even when you were not interested in any of the activities. The food was excellent for African Hotel standards - good variety and plenty of flavors. We had a room with pool view/sea view and the room was always cleaned well. We will return here again!

3  Thank Yv0nne1980
Stephan S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Yv0nne1980,

I hope you arrived well back "home"! It was really a pleasure to have you with us
and we are delighted that both of you enjoyed your stay.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to welcome you again!
We are looking forward to it :-)

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi

Reviewed August 27, 2013

So I write this whilst waiting to check out. The hotel is very beautiful and in a prime location with a gorgeous view of the beach. I literally gasped with pleasure when I walked into my gorgeous room with a bed bedecked with flowers. But as is usually the case with things that appear to be too good to be true, the flaws soon became apparent. The plumbing in my bathroom leaked, which resulted in my tripping and almost ending my time here with a concussion. Fortunately I emerged with only a bruised shoulder. A bin in the barhroom would have been appreciated also. Room service was non-existent after 10pm which seemed a little odd for an establishment of this calibre. The lack of variety at the buffet had me bored to tears by day 3. Furthermore, the 'clean my room' service basically meant making my bed and not much else which meant I had the great pleasure of becoming well acquainted with my room service plate and some used glasses over several days. This is a simple case of inconsistency and lack of attention to detail that if corrected could take this place from good to great. I'm optimistic though that they will look into this. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Stephan S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Nyamisa,

thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about the lacks you had to discover
during your stay.
I'm surely looking into this and would be more than happy if you could contact personally
to get some more information's from you.

Thanks again and all the best!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hotel have great location. The staff was very friendly and good service. The room was ok. Have a great view over the pool and beach. Food was great. Variety of the food was great. Some time it took long time to get food at the pool bar. But all in all. A very nice hotel. And will recommended this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stephan S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ember82,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
I hope all your family arrived well at home!!

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to
welcome you again and of course all the people you are referring :-)

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A pleasant resort, well kept, on a wery nice part of the beach but the concept is old with pinpong, pool tables, pool bar, acquagym and buffet restaurant you loose all the flawor of zanzibar. You could be anywhere in the world

• Stayed: August 2013
Stephan S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear enrico b,

thank you very much for taking the effort to post your review.
We really appreciate your contribution.

Sunny regards from Zanzibar!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is in a very good location. Staff -amazing! Food - variety of seafood -limited however there are lots of variety (curries, meats, pasta) that makes up for it. Do take your own towels if you fussy like I am. Sunsets - beautiful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Natalie L,

thank you very much for taking the time for a quick review.
And again apologies for the disturbance, affecting your sleep quality!

All the best and we hope to welcome you again soon!!!

Sunny regards to London!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just got back from DoubleTree by Hilton, Nungwi and I must say we had a wonderful time. The staff are the highlight. The GM, Mr. Stephan took time to sit down with us and discuss life in Zanzibar. The Director of F&B is always attentive and ensures all the guests are satisfied. We saw a couple having a private dinner on the beach and F&B Director himself was at their service. This just shows how much pride and care the employees take in thier job. In any other hotel, this will not happen. Suleiman at the Front Desk is very friendly, the Animation person (forgot his name) comes and talks to the guests about everyday activities and gets their feedback, he is brilliant. Matha at pool bar is always smiling and remembers guests very well. Location of the hotel could not be better. The road leading to the hotel is not well maintained, although we know it is out of hotel management's control. But, as soon as you enter the hotel, it is a different world altogether. So peaceful and serene. We were immediately taken to our rooms with lovely warm cookies after 2 minutes spent filling out the forms. Spent the day at the beach soaking up the sun. Went around the beach in the evening and discovered many other local restaurants and a small market. After a bit of shopping, we ate dinner and were surprised to see how cheap it was, compared with the extortionate prices in Dubai. Came back to the hotel and slept well. Breakfast is busy with lots of choices and a live station. Although, it may get monotonous with same options everyday but we were happy to eat something before starting our day. Every evening the hotel has a theme night with different performances. We ate dinner at the hotel only two times out of 9 nights we spent there because the food was of average quality and much more expensive than many other restaurants nearby. We most enjoyed the Masai dance where we even participated. The hotel beach is clean and well maintained with at least one security guard present 24/7. He would also ask the local vendors to leave if they pester the guests in any way. We did a bit of local sight-seeing. Stone town tour, prison Isalnd, Diving in Mnemba Atoll with Aquarius Diving in Ras Nungwi hotel. David there is a true professional and took good care of us. Jozani forest trip reminded how greenery is like for us living in Dubai. Watching Red Colobus Monkeys up close was a wonderful experience as well. They are very friendly and go about their daily routine unaware of human presence. I can go on and on about our experience in Zanzibar but won't. This was a magnificent experience and we are bound to return to this lovely paradise soon. Thank you to DoubleTree team also for making this trip a memorable one.

Dear Trav12Berlin,

also on this way a big thank you for staying with us. it was great to have you!
Thank you also for the great and detailed review you have posted.

I'm looking forward how your plans will go and hopefully we will see you
again in Zanzibar soon!!

Karibu sana!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Food was good and room was nice and clean and comfortable. Internet was fast. The frontdesk gave me Poolview room however I had booked seapool view room and had paid extra for it. I was told all rooms are full and I was made to pay $ 20 extra for upgrade. The lady at the frontdesk was giving me the wrist tag for breakfast only however I have paid extra for breakfast and dinner, she was not ready to agree and only after my discussion she checked and gave us the blue wrist tag.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephan S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Zaki I,

thank you for taking the time to post the nice review!
As mentioned previously I have to apologize for the way of communication
from our colleagues and we have addressed that already yesterday
in our department team meeting.
As explained the upgrade charge was for the Ocean Facing Category.

We look forward to welcome you again!!!

Sunny regards!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nungwi
Melia Zanzibar
The Z Hotel Zanzibar
The Z Hotel Zanzibar
#1 of 17 in Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi? Share your experiences!