We ended our African adventure, having tracked Gorillas in Uganda, in Zanzibar. We spent a week on the beach at the Doubletree by Hilton. As Gold Hhonors, we were always expecting to be looked after but the attention to detail, care and warmth shown to us was absolutely lovely. Godfrey, the Front Desk Manager, was always on hand to ensure that every request was seen to and always to be found around the hotel for all guests to approach. The quality and selection of breakfast was superior to many, many of the hotels that we have had the opportunity to sample all around the world, lovingly overseen by George! We decided not to take the all-inclusive option, in order to sample the lovely local restaurants but we chose to eat in the hotel for three evenings and each time the food was delicious. The delightful setting on the beach, with the local fishing boats beautifully sailing by, was just wonderful to see. We cannot wait to be able to return, this time with our adult children. An absolutely gem with a wonderful Manager, who clearly is doing things right. Janet & Keith Conway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island