A very nice hotel. Authentic heavy wood furniture, big high beds. Smell is beautiful all day long thanks to well groomed plants and garden. Food is good if you set your mind to it.
This is African cuisine. Very spicy and different. So you have to open your mind and not compare it to what you know than there's a chance you'll enjoy it.
All inclusive deal is good. Local alcohol is not very good but the beer is nice.
Again, you must adopt to African concept of "cold beer"... this is far from what we know.
Same goes to local pace. Get ready to wait for everything you order... The people serving you aren't lazy, this is their way. Once you realize it - you're in heaven! We had a wonderful stay. I would recommend this place without hesitation. Wish I could come here every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island