Stayed here for 5 nights and we really enjoyed our stay. We had a beach view room and it was clean and comfortable and we had a quiet night's sleep.
The staff here all made an effort and were friendly and helpful. The hotel organised a fun band and dance night and had beach volleyball on some afternoons (although it was a bit annoying being asked to join in and having to engage in conversation every day when I just wanted to chill and read a book on the beach)
We didn't eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner because we didn't read great things about the food here. Instead we had lunch at the funky beach bar next door or at one of the restaurants in Nungwi.
We really liked the location of this hotel as it had amazing views of the aqua water and Dhow boats and it was near the boat building area which was fascinating to watch.
The only main gripe was being constantly harassed to buy things/do activities whenever you stepped outside the hotel boundaries. Even lying on a lounger you were harassed by them which was annoying even though there was hotel security who try to keep them at bay but that's part and parcel of holidaying in a developing country I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island