We stayed for 3 nights at the Double Tree Hilton. The rooms are big and clean and the hotel staffs are extremely friendly. The beach around this hotel is white and clean and the water is turqouise blue! There are lots of coral formations and it is so beautiful. The hotel is 5 minutes away from the village and we would go there everyday to see the local people who were very nice. We took lots of books and pencils to give to the African kids.
The Manager in charge of the restaurant, Stanley Morris is very friendly and would let the chef cook special meals for us if we requested. The hotel keeps a barbeque and buffet Swahilli dinner once a week right on the beach in the evenings and a Masai dance show! The manager at the reception, Rashid would give us freshly baked hot gourmet chocolate chip cookies every morning!
Although, the hotel is an hour away from the airport and Stonetown, we managed to get a driver who took us around the Island at a very reasonal rate. If you need the name of this person, please email me.
I would definately go back to Zanzibar and stay at Double Tree Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island