This is an excellent boutique hotel in a superb location with wonderful food and brilliant staff. We were lucky, as this was low season, to be upgraded to the very spacious Frangepane suite with it's own pool and beach, truly delightful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and twice in four days we were treated to a 5 course dinner on the beach, guarded by a maasai warrior! Each morning the lounge area and bed was scattered with flowers from the beautiful hotel gardens giving a lovely fragrance to the rooms. The bar / restaurant area with it's dhow theme is spacious and attractive. It is a pleasant walk along the beach, at low tide, when you can watch the local fishermen and women go about their business, en route to the village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar Island/Nungwi