Somewhat souless concrete constructions with what must be the largest swimming pool complex on the island, dominated by Italian trade.
Stayed 6 nights with family. The hotel has got its service issues straightened out - staff were excellent.
Downside of the dominant Italian population is the ever-present cheesey disco hits of the 80's being played, group acqua-aerobics and the like (sort of modern day euro butlins). Upside is that the food was of exceptional quality for a buffet-style operation.
Beach is good, but plagued by purveyors of tat. The beach doesnt suffer from tidal issues seen elsewhere on Zanzibar, but as there is no reef, there is not much to see if going snorkelling. Swimming pools were well maintained. Given the vast size of the complex, even with 200 people it seems pretty empty.
Work has stopped on the private villas on the beach front, suggesting cash flow may be an issue for the backers. It will close in April this year for major renovations despite being quite a new hotel.
We holed up by the pool and went scuba diving, didn't really get to see much else of the island, but enjoyed ourselves regardless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi