We booked an all inclusive package from Johannesburg to stay in Zanzibar for a low season week at a great price.
To get the minor criticism out of the way, the check-in was a bit chaotic and took a while as the front desk wasn't too organized and I found the very spacious room to be functional but a bit sparsely furnished with a small TV with not great reception.
Other than that our stay was amazing. The staff were amazingly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. As it was low season Kim, the manager, specially organized a child minder to entertain the kids so that mom and dad could have some time out. The kids had a blast. Kim was always around to attend to anything that was out of place and somehow always with a smile on her face! The food was excellent, especially the dinners. The evening meals were at a different venue each night, from the pool to the beach to the verandah. There was live entertainment every night. Fantastic to have dinner on the beach with live music playing in the background. There are several pools to choose from, lovely lounging areas and an excellent variety of food constantly on the go. The rooms were done up perfectly each day with creative touches like folding the towels up as swans surrounded by flowers on the bed.
The "beach boys" who hang around on the beach in front of the hotel can be a bit of a nuisance as they constantly pester you to buy stuff or do trips. Having said that we did book a couple of boat cruises through them and the trips were excellent. The dhow trips (on rather rustic dhows!) are great with very competent crews and part of an amazing holiday that we thoroughly enjoyed.
So thank you to Kim, Robert, Alex, Umi and all the others that gave us a special trip that we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi