We went to Royal Zanzibar from 13/11/2012 - 20/11/2012. The accommodation was very good, but we were lucky to be located right near the beach. The best part of the hotel was the swimming pools. I was disappointed by the food being a big food lover. I expected a lot more local dish choices, but was not given that. Our worst meal for the day was breakfast with little variety. They had good local dancing shows every night at dinner which made for interesting viewing and and photographs. I must say the staff at Royal Zanzibar were incredibly nice and friendly. I would suggest though that the hotels run some local interventions to have English classes, as we were not understood most times. We even had a waiter disappear on us, as he was so stressed that he couldn't understand us. Also as you take your first step onto the beach in front of Royal Zanzibar you are bombarded with people trying to sell you trips or items - which was unfortunate as you want to be in peace on the beach. Overall an alright experience at this hotel - lots of potential not being made use of though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi