A perfect place to ride, relax, educate and enjoy a beautiful lodge in the bush.
The staff were constantly concentrating on how to make the experience a very special one. Never tired, always enthusiastic, everything done with a smile, nothing was a problem and the attention to detail was seem less and extremely personable, professional and a great sense of humour.
The horses were well behaved, sure footed and trustworthy, excellently kept and their health monitored twice daily. It was wonderful to take off their saddles at the end of the day and they would walk off into the bush and roam freely with the other animals. Tailored rides help build up confidence daily until we were riding long canters only to stop when a passing herd of giraffe wandered across our path –how amazing is that? wonderful! A guide at the front as well as at the rear ensured safety at all times.
Educatiing and stimulating too with regular information on not only the animals we were seeing frequently but also the insects, flora and fauna. So varied, not just riding but options to go and see the rhinos, a vet arriving and darting a sick buffalo by helicopter (everyone was invited to see and ask questions while he treated her in the bush), swimming with the horses, BBQ lunch in the bush and not forgetting the charming sundowners every night after we took the saddles off our trusty steeds and let them roam while we enjoyed a delicious G&T and a beer.
The accommodation was stunning, imaginative, private, thoughtful and peaceful. The food was everything you could hope for, fresh fruit every morning, cooked breakfast if you wanted it, wonderful freshly baked cake with afternoon tea every day and beautifully cooked meals for lunch and dinner all made by a very proud chef and his staff.
The public areas were very comfortable and charming and enhanced by the occasional Jack Russell dashing in to join us, such characters
All in all a wonderful experience with fabulous staff who felt like friends by the time we left and certainly a reason to go back and see them, the horses and the beautiful bush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and South African Hotels so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest Vaalwater, Waterberg, South Africa