We had stayed at Ant's Nest several years ago and absolutely loved it!! We decided to try Ant's Nest this time as sometimes your expectations on a return trip can be too high. We just fell into this beautiful place and did not want to leave. The accommodation is probably a little better at the Hill compared to the Nest and the views amazing. However, we felt we had better riding experiences at the Nest. We saw very little wildlife during our rides at the Hill (this may have been just luck or lack of) however, when we rode at the Nest there seemed to be wild life everywhere. I also felt the experience at the Nest seemed more personal than at the Hill. I feel that Ant's Nest is probably more suited to younger children if you are taking children. However, absolutely cannot fault Ants Hill and would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest Vaalwater, Waterberg, South Africa