We were a family of 6 ranging from 1 to 70 years old and all of us had a great time. Safari trips can sometimes be tiring as you have to follow the set agenda and get on that game drive at 5 am but at Ant's Hill each of us could choose what we would like to do at the time we wanted. The best part was that our 1 year old was also able to experience the bush as we did. He went on a game drive with us, rode a pony, and was fascinated by the rhinos at Ant's house! He even got special meals prepared for him and joined us at the bush lunch after being looked after by the baby sitters while the parents went out riding. I was able to improve my riding as well which was an added bonus and my husband, a novice, was able to learn how to ride. The staff and food were all excellent. Next time I would like to try the Ant's Nest with the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and South African Hotels so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest Vaalwater, Waterberg, South Africa