My boyfriend and myself chose Ants Hill and Ants Nest to celebrate my 21st birthday, it was such an amazing trip! Being our first trip to South Africa we instantly fell in love with the country and even more with Ants Hill and Nest. We stayed 2 nights in Ants Nest where we had our own lodge...all the rooms are finished so lovely and are very clean and comfortable, we then moved to Ants Hill for 3 nights where we had 'Honeymoon 2' lodge...which was amazing! We had a massive bed, a bath tub looking out over the bush as well as an indoor and outdoor shower, we also had a large veranda with sofa/dining table etc.
The staff (family!) at both Ants Nest and Ants Hill are exceptional and make your holiday so special and comfortable, the guides are friendly and knowledgeable and the cooks are a real credit to both lodges. We ate a delicious 3 course meal every night, lunch was also just as big as the evening meal and there was a great choice at breakfast. A fresh cake was baked by the ladies everyday to accompany tea before your afternoon ride :) Your very spoilt!!
We are both keen riders and enjoyed riding twice a day very much, the horses are so lovely, very responsive and eager to please. We had some amazing long rides into the bush, and got close to many animals...our favourite being the giraffe and wart hogs!
I hope our holiday wasn't a 'once in a lifetime' trip because I would love to return. Both Ants Hill and Nest are such friendly, relaxing yet exciting places...it really is a must for anyone that loves horses or wants a taste of South Africa.
Thank you to everyone for making our holiday so special! X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, South African Hotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest Vaalwater, Waterberg, South Africa