“Like being at home! So comfortable!”

Doyles of Perth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelley B&B and Inns
“Like being at home! So comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I found Doyle's to be a cozy warm inviting environment that made me feel at home! Will only stay there when in Perth from now on!! Service was outstanding! Suite was excellent and everything I needed was catered to!! Brilliant!

• Stayed September 2013
Eileen D, Owner at Doyles of Perth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us Brent, and thanks too for staying. We'll look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Perth. Your positive comments were appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a luxurious home in a high class area. The design and interior decorating and building done by Eileen and Tom. Perfection comes to mind, furniture lighting, balcony area and lounge rooms, so well designed and now used for guest comfort.

We were fortunate to have the Jarrah room and all our special needs were met. The king bed mattress very comfortable and one of the best of our 6 week trip. The room, spacious with own dressing room to store cases and clothes. As said before bathroom and shower huge and strong shower, towels large and soft and lovely soft bathrobes.

We had our own kitchenette with goodies added to it every day and real fresh milk after weeks of packets. We also could go right onto balcony from our oom as well. Dirt or bugs have no opportunity in this home!

The breakfast was healthy fresh and delicious as said before and if you wish you can enjoy the company of these amazing hosts. You can have interesting discussions of a wide range of areas and they are intelligent and well informed. They have guests from all over the world and I could say that each would be able to have a stimulating conversation of a diverse range of topics.

If that is not your scene, they quietly respect your privacy.

Unfortunately for us, their appears to have been maintenance done on the airport and the planes had been redirected over our room, so it seemed, our hosts were most concerned, airports do need upgrading. I always carry ear plugs so slept well.

We revisited Kings Park, so much to see and the wild flowers were out. Also Fremantle to see where we won the Americas Cup a yacht race.

I recommend this home to all who visit Perth you will not regret it as seen by all reports on this site, I have never seen any accommodation with all excellent reports before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen D, Owner at Doyles of Perth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We really appreciated your lovely review of your stay with us. It was good to be a part of your great itinerary, and we enjoyed the diverse, stimulating conversations. Lots of new items for my bucket list!.
Best wishes from Tom and Eileen
Kalgoorlie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Forget 5 Star service, this is 6 easily...Thank you Tom & Eileen for the amazing service. Very relaxing atmosphere, home cooked apple pie with coffee :) It felt like I was being looked after by my Mum & Dad..:)
Breakfasts were fantastic, loved the yoghurt and fresh fruit.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to the Jarrah room..Great spa bath for blokes as you can stretch out with room to spa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Bruce for such a lovely review. We look forward to hosting you again when you are back down in Perth.
Regards from Tom and Eileen
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Taking an exam is already an stressful exercise and going to a strange city for the first time, not knowing anybody can add to that stress level. It is a blessing in disguise that the first B & B that I emailed has a booking on the dates that I needed and the owner is helpful enough to refer me to another one which is Doyles of Pert. And I ended up not in a cold and impersonal B&B but in a very lovely and very warm home of Eileen and Tom who treated me more like a relative than a guest. Their home is very comfortable with wide areas for guests to relax and just enjoy staying indoors. But the best feature is the way Tom and Eileen will go out of their way to accommodate their guest's need to which I am very thankful. The location suits my needs at that time although city is only around 30 minutes by bus. Strongly recommended and if I will be in Perth again, I will definitely hope I can stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Weng D
Eileen D, Owner at Doyles of Perth Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We were so happy that your trip was not only successful for you, but also enjoyable. We will look forward to your next visit to Perth. Kind regards from Tom and Eileen
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I rarely go back to B & B's - partly because there's quite a few to choose from, and often because they fall short of my expectations.

But I had such a great time at Doyle's, I actually wondered if it would hold up to a rare second visit. I had a different room this time, but I had the same excellent experience. They have not relaxed their standards one iota.
I have been to many establishments both for work and personal reasons, but I have to say that Doyle's has all the charm of a B & B boutique hotel, with the same hygeine standards you'd expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel.

Do try this place out, it's something I don't really think I should share in case I don't get to book again because they get so much business !!!! Congrats to Mr & Mrs Doyle - you're doing it right !

Room Tip: There is a fitness centre very close by - but i walked along the river for my exercise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eidolon_au
I am so glad you decided to come back - and we look forward to your next visit to Perth. Make it soon!
Kind regards
Eileen and Tom
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had been staying in 4 and 5 star hotels in Perth for the previous few months. As luck would have it they were all booked out due to mining conference. So I decided to take a chance and book a few nights with Doyles of Perth. After 5 nights and I was hooked, I couldn't leave and ended up staying 3 weeks. The quality of the rooms was great, nothing was too much trouble for Tom & Eileen. The size and the layout of the house lends its self very well to a B&B, it can be either private or social.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RichardT852
Many thanks for a great review Richard. You are very fondly remembered! Best wishes from
Tom and Eileen x x
Scone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location is quiet, the quality of the room was excellent as was all the little touches like fresh fruit and chocolates. The owners made us extremely welcome and nothing was too much trouble. A wonderful experience, hosted by two very friendly and welcoming persons.
A wonderful, hidden gem in Perth!
Bruce and Julie

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BB956
A very lovely and generous review. Thankyou!
Best wishes to you both.
Tom and Eileen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelley
Hyatt Regency Perth
#1 of 1 in Bentley
Crown Metropol Perth
#1 of 3 in Burswood
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,450 reviews

Been to Doyles of Perth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!