“Excellent holiday!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Platamon
Bucharest, Romania
“Excellent holiday!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of September 2013 and we had a pleasant stay. We had a room with the sea view and the panorama is fantastic.The restaurant offers a buffet with varied food which is very good, lots if salads, fruits but also cooked dishes, The beach in Platamonas is not the best as it is not very large, it is actually quite small, but you always have the option to go to Nei Pori beach as the hotel also offers transportation either to Platamonas beach or Nei Pori. This area near the Olympus Mountin is the perfect combination of mountain and sea.

Room Tip: Always choose the rooms with the sea view. The panorama is absolutely beautiful plus it is quieter o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Alina G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in Olympus Thea for 1 week..even though I was alone I didn't feel loney! The staff on the reception were v much appreciated! The owner of the hotel v welcoming!
The shuttle to the beach was extremely useful & practical! You could go on foot (around 15 mins).
My room was sea view & obviously,as I was alone not too big but clean & quiet.
The pool was spacious &clean..
The spa will be opened in the future I was informed..
The only thing to be improved on was the lack of variety for the food..but what there was, was tasty!
I will definetly go back!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Stellandthemoon
London
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a really good stay in this hotel during our holidays in July. Our room with sea view was fantastic! The terraces from the restaurant and the bar have the same really nice view: panoramic by the sea and the old castle of Platamonas. The buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner was with varied food both local and international. The pool was good with the same view to the sea. The all inclusive package we booked was a really good value for money.
Even though there was lovely view by the sea it was a bit far to access to the beach by foot, however there was a free shuttle organized by the hotel running every hour and this was only 5 min drive! So pretty easy to go to the beach.
The staff was nice and helpful. This is not a too big hotel so no massive queues at the buffet and quiet pool! We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Better to book a room with sea view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Elise D
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for five nights ,August 2013 with my husband and our son.
It's a lovely hotel ,very clean , it has a spectacular view , modern furniture, great pool area .
We booked half-board , breakfast and supper were delicious and offered many choices .
Hotel staff was smiling and really helpful .
My son loved the pool ,there is also a small one for children , and we really relaxed in this hotel.
The hotel has a good Wi-Fi network with many access points ,our room was right next to one , so we never had a problem, but I noticed some guests trying to connect in the hall. Anyway you will be able to get Wi-Fi at the reception or the pool or the garden if not in your room.
I just wish they set up the spa center which is not available yet.
This is really a four star hotel and you really get good services for your money.
I would recommend this hotel ,it's lovely and the people are true professionals.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank xuito_gr
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Decided to make a one night stop over on our trip from Serbia to the Greek islands.

Price/quality just perfect. Hotel is brand-new with spacious rooms and nice interior. Located next to the highway you do not have any issue with traffic noise though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank dirkusalbertus
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent 3 days and New Year's in Olympus Thea. I guess this makes my review not very relevant because we did't go there for beach and summer vacation and the hotel was only opened for those few winter days. But I still will share my experience:
The staff was extremely friendly and very thoughtful of their guests.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the matresses were amazing - we literally fell in love with them and didn't want to get up morning time. Best mattress I've ever slept on.
The cleanliness of the rooms however... Well, I'm sure they can do better. The bathroom was not very clean the first day we checked in and it stayed that way through our stay. Also the towels looked kind of old and ragged.
The restaurant is really cosy. I loved the chairs - really comfortable and the tipe of chair I would buy for my home. The food... It was just OK. There was not a great variety of dishes for breakfast and dinner, not that tasty either. The New Year's eve dinner was the best meal we had for the entire stay.
We were unpleasantly surprised that the Spa Facility was not open. We were looking forward spending some time spoiling ourself there but they didn't make the effort to open this time of the year for a full house...
The hotel is quite far from the beach and the center of the village and you definetely need a car to get there...
Despite the little flaws of the hotel we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms other than sea view face a really busy and noisy main road, so sea view is a must if you want...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tammy P
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I want to share my regards to the hotel staff, they were brilliant!
The food was excellent, rooms were comfortable, the location is sensibly - close to many historical places and beatiful towns!

Congratulation from Bulgaria!

See you soon :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Miroslav I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platamon
San Panteleimon
#1 of 11 in Leptokarya
Olympian Bay
Olympian Bay
#11 of 11 in Leptokarya

Been to Olympus Thea Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!